Does anyone any experience of the Dental Clinic in Turbot street - Dentist open Saturdays?

Discussion in 'Brisbane General Chat & Discussion' started by Calypso, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Calypso

Calypso New Member

I was bending down to put the the cats dish on the floor and my Medical ID hit my tooth. I looked in the mirror to check for damage and there seems to be a very slight fracture which you need to look on the right angle to notice. Does anyone know if this will this turn into a break or can I leave it for a a month or so?

2. Lukescotty

Lukescotty Administrator Staff Member

Hey Calypso, hope you tooth is ok

When you say a fracture? Do u mean a chip or a hairline crack?

I'm no dentist expert but recently I noticed I had a hairline crack on my tooth and I asked my dentist if it was of concern when I went for a check up. He didn't seem phased about it at all, said it's quite common.. I thought ok fair enough, he could easierly recommended a new tooth or bridge of some sort ($$$) but I've always been going to the same dentist since I was 5 so maybe that helped not being pushed for some treatment

Is your tooth hurting at all?

Regard
    Luke

3. Calypso

Calypso New Member

Hi Luke thanks for answering.

I had an small chip o the edge of my left front tooth, I only noticed it about 6 months ago. Yesterday I was putting the food bowl down for my cat and as I was bneding over my Medical ID locket hit my tooth. I checked in the mirror for damage and noticed what looks to be a small crack running from the chip about a quarter of a cm up the front surface of the tooth. It doesnt hurt at all and I cant feel it at the back of my tooth. I start a new job on Monday and will be working 9-5 M-F so I need somewhere that works Saturdays if I need to get it fixed. Add to that I haven't been to the dentists since before I was married. I had a pretty bad experience with a dentist when I was in primary school and now have a phobia of dentists.

4. Lukescotty

Lukescotty Administrator Staff Member

Oh dear, thats all you need before your new job on Monday.

I know you're hesitant in going to a dentist, but i reckon you should get it looked at asap, before/incase it turns into something else.
    Myself, I'd prob book a normal checkup appointment, with the possibility that they'll xray it. See what they say, they might say you need this this and this, but they might just say... it won't be of any problem if you leave it.

What suburb do you in? I've just had a look through google maps, as its conveniently Saturday its easier to see whos open today, for today/next week. Most of them are appointment only and close at lunch.

So these Dentists appear to be open on a Saturday..
    • pacific smiles dental City
    • face value dental City
    • bebwellbdental at Highgate HIll
    • Coorparoo Family Dental
    • holland park dental (appointment only Saturdays)
    • Toowong Dental Group
    • Crookes & Jenkins Dental (Milton)
    • Bardon Smiles
    Let us know how you get on.... also if they do start to hurt, I recommend you using Sensodyne tooth paste to help with the sensitivity

5. Calypso

Calypso New Member

Hi

Thanks for that, I live at Chermside West, but I can easily get to Milton/Toowong as I sued to work there.

Lukescotty likes this.